please consider taking 2.1 off of Zero

#1
by whichever - opened

Thank you for putting this up. I hope you will consider opening up the usage of 2.1 so that it works like Stability's 2.1 space did, for years. Having to think "economically" about a quota is bad for experimentation. In my opinion, 2.1 is the ONLY good image model. There was a devolution: the newer models are the worse models. In newer models, the people often look stoned, and are overly gorgeous. A good word for the newer models is PERFUNCTORY. Maybe somebody thinks that makes the models easier to license to business. There is also a huge problem with color. Most newer models are incapable or unwilling of being really garish, like somebody tossed their cookies in a rainbow factory. For any model other than 2.1, it's a constant struggle to generate color in a way that is intriguing, visually interesting and not trite. 2.1, on all of these facets, is wonderful and strange.

2.1 on Zero is better than nothing, I guess, but I'm not going to use it, because if you're going to have your ideas abruptly truncated, why bother?

I'm implicitly at-sign mentioning Gertie, John6666 and a few other people who are passionate about 2.1, if they're still around and haven't left for greener pastures.

Sign up or log in to comment